A chance-upon on Bandcamp by this super-buzzed about band. "The melancholy joy of black meal and the tension of post-rock"? Yes! The first track is called "Fire, Walk with Me"? Yes! That's where the excitement stops. The music is total...pablum. The black metal is boring, the post-rock is non-existent (every now and then they deedly deedly deedly a keyboard every now and then) but yeah. This shit sucks. Skip.
Playboi Carti has never really been on my radar too much, but then Pfork gave this one a rave review, and I figured I was sleeping...but man, this album didn't do anything for me. Barely any song made any kind of impact. The production is interesting at times but Carti himself gets lost in both that and the whole mass of features all over the album. Nothing gelled for me, so I guess for me I wasn't missing much after all. Oh well.

Comments
Post a Comment