I like Mark McGuire and I always like a good "music for sleeping" album. Hard to find good albums to sleep to. What's with those Spotify playlists with like 8 minute tracks? And as soon as you start falling asleep it changes? Cmon. Here's 4 25 minute tracks McGuire put together to help his infant daughter get to sleep and stay asleep. I can't attest to how they work on kids but they are pretty effective - don't expect much though, these tracks are all borderline white noise. Not like ambient music posing as music to sleep to, like actual sleep-machine sounds. So not terribly exciting, but effective I suppose.
Playboi Carti has never really been on my radar too much, but then Pfork gave this one a rave review, and I figured I was sleeping...but man, this album didn't do anything for me. Barely any song made any kind of impact. The production is interesting at times but Carti himself gets lost in both that and the whole mass of features all over the album. Nothing gelled for me, so I guess for me I wasn't missing much after all. Oh well.

Comments
Post a Comment