A whopping two hours of new Drumm music, recorded Jan-Mar 2018, presumably with a "custom resonant filter"...four tracks - "Morning", "Before Noon", "Afternoon" and "Later" but! Not at all in the Drumm mode, super quiet, barely audible sheen and glossolalia...shimmery but kinda in the Tony Conrad mode? Maybe a little William Basinski? I can't say it was terribly interesting. At least, not 2 hours worth of interest here. Unlike other ultra-quiet KD this doesn't specify stereo-listening only, so I'm not too sure what the deal is.
Eartheater first came on my radar (and many others) with 2 Hausu Mountain tapes in 2015. She makes glitchy, disorienting music, combining electronics and synthesized percussion with voice, guitars and who knows what else. The whole thing is a confusing stew, kind of reminiscent of Inga Copeland but I would say even more detached from "song". Didn't do much for me.

Comments
Post a Comment