As I may have said (did I say it below?) I've yet to be as ***taken*** with Dedekind Cut as some blogs and zines out there, though I admit the potential is there. This actually came out before "Tahoe", not sure how I only got around to it after, but nevertheless. I won't judge a man off a mixtape and this is a kind of interesting collage of a lot of different sounds - ambient, noise, surf rock, pop. It's all over the place and fairly enjoyably so although nothing really stuck either.
Playboi Carti has never really been on my radar too much, but then Pfork gave this one a rave review, and I figured I was sleeping...but man, this album didn't do anything for me. Barely any song made any kind of impact. The production is interesting at times but Carti himself gets lost in both that and the whole mass of features all over the album. Nothing gelled for me, so I guess for me I wasn't missing much after all. Oh well.

Comments
Post a Comment