Michael Morley's Righteous Yeah project stampedes on with two more long tracks of crackle and hiss soaked ambience. These two tracks share titles (but no discernible sonic similarly) with a couple punk tunes - "Gimme Gimme Gimme" (Black Flag) and "Carbona Not Glue" (Ramones). Are those the source tracks for these monstrously distorted slow drones? No idea. "Carbona Not Glue" is the more interesting of the two, sounds almost like pan flutes with the customary crackle and an intermittent background whirr.
Playboi Carti has never really been on my radar too much, but then Pfork gave this one a rave review, and I figured I was sleeping...but man, this album didn't do anything for me. Barely any song made any kind of impact. The production is interesting at times but Carti himself gets lost in both that and the whole mass of features all over the album. Nothing gelled for me, so I guess for me I wasn't missing much after all. Oh well.

Comments
Post a Comment