Here's another long solo piece from Michael Morley, this one titled "Goodbye Forever", and it features no real guitar that I can hear - or maybe I can, I keep listening to it before I fall asleep and it just takes me to dreamland. It's great - a looped stringed instrumental classical piece (it's probably something famous and I just can't recognize it) that devolves into a blur of slowed down sound, drone and reverb. The technique seems similar to Game Changer, just with different source material. If you like The Disintegration Loops this one should be on your list. Morley is hitting all the right notes in 2018.
Eartheater first came on my radar (and many others) with 2 Hausu Mountain tapes in 2015. She makes glitchy, disorienting music, combining electronics and synthesized percussion with voice, guitars and who knows what else. The whole thing is a confusing stew, kind of reminiscent of Inga Copeland but I would say even more detached from "song". Didn't do much for me.

Comments
Post a Comment