Last latest missive from the Heath Moerland's Crazy Doberman project, seemingly just a duo configuration here with Heath and John Olson. Heath starts on percussion and moves to electronics (and maybe guitar?) and Olzone is on sax. Two 25 minute pieces, thoroughly basement in sound, clattery and cement-floor scraping and dank. I prefer the other two but this one's OK too.
For whatever it means, this is the beginning of Corrupted's "Hollow" series. Maybe the clue is in the music? Unlike Corrupted's traditional ultra-slowed down, Spanish-sung, Japanese doom metal this is instrumental harsh noise. Still filthy and angry and depressive but sans vox and also more or less sans metal. Both untitled sides are meant to be played at either speed. The result? Meh. I miss Corrupted's brand of doom, this relatively anonymous harsh noise is fine and all but if I'm listening to Corrupted...well I know what I want. Skippable.

Comments
Post a Comment