Blanck Mass' Worldeater from last year didn't move the needle much for me. Gave this new 7" a spin. It's Blanck Mass at by far his most metal yet (well he sez punk rock but...). These two tracks are noisy, dirty, mostly black metal inspired thrashes: "couple of anti-macho pop songs about a pair of walking hardons I surreptitiously observed at a truck stop". I never listened to buddy's old project Fuck Buttons much but maybe that was more inline with this. Interesting as a taster, wonder if it's an omen of things to come - BM from BM (not to be confused with BM).
Playboi Carti has never really been on my radar too much, but then Pfork gave this one a rave review, and I figured I was sleeping...but man, this album didn't do anything for me. Barely any song made any kind of impact. The production is interesting at times but Carti himself gets lost in both that and the whole mass of features all over the album. Nothing gelled for me, so I guess for me I wasn't missing much after all. Oh well.

Comments
Post a Comment