I'll admit the cover art sucked me in during a Bandcamp scroll. Pretty hard to beat. GosT is an, I dunno, dark synthwave artist? Is that what you call em? Him? Heard it might be along the lines of Perturbator, who is cool, and what I like about this album is that it's got more of a metal bent - that first track is HARSH. There's vocals on a few tracks which I hear is a first, although some of the album gets bogged down in that boring retro 80's synth sound that's gotten very overplayed. Not bad.
Playboi Carti has never really been on my radar too much, but then Pfork gave this one a rave review, and I figured I was sleeping...but man, this album didn't do anything for me. Barely any song made any kind of impact. The production is interesting at times but Carti himself gets lost in both that and the whole mass of features all over the album. Nothing gelled for me, so I guess for me I wasn't missing much after all. Oh well.

Comments
Post a Comment