Also Michael Morley (see: Gate) in his Righeous Yeah guise. This album is one 37 minute track called "Disseminate". The first half or so features a looped acoustic guitar riff over (under?) a heavy vinyl crackle. Slowly an ominous drone-y reverb seeps in and takes over and the second half is that ghostly resonance, again accompanied by crackle and fuzz. The back half reminds a lot of Alvin Lucier's "I Am Sitting in a Room", I am not sure if the end result is achieved by the same means but nevertheless. Not major, but enjoyable. Seems Morley has a slew of other releases for me to get through this year on Bandcamp; he's been busy.
Playboi Carti has never really been on my radar too much, but then Pfork gave this one a rave review, and I figured I was sleeping...but man, this album didn't do anything for me. Barely any song made any kind of impact. The production is interesting at times but Carti himself gets lost in both that and the whole mass of features all over the album. Nothing gelled for me, so I guess for me I wasn't missing much after all. Oh well.

Comments
Post a Comment