Really good depressive black metal from this crazy Belgian/France duo. Three long songs. Bunch of guests. The vocals are an absolute standout, sheer lunacy from both male and fem vox. The instrumentation, well, every time I thought it was sounding generic it would take a left turn and change up into something weirder or different. It's almost like I was challenging it to impress me as I listen and it kept meeting the challenge. Finally I just stopped fighting it and thought you know, this is b'dass.
Eartheater first came on my radar (and many others) with 2 Hausu Mountain tapes in 2015. She makes glitchy, disorienting music, combining electronics and synthesized percussion with voice, guitars and who knows what else. The whole thing is a confusing stew, kind of reminiscent of Inga Copeland but I would say even more detached from "song". Didn't do much for me.

Comments
Post a Comment