Beguiling! What to make of this set of manipulated field electronics? It's a tough one. Some tracks here sound barely manipulated or modified at all, but then there's the glitch-heavy "In the Park" which sounds like a Yasunao Tone experiment or the ultra soft, meditative 13-minute "In the City, Fire Sirens" or the windy "The Farthest Land #2". Not something I'm in a rush to get back to, didn't do much for me.
Playboi Carti has never really been on my radar too much, but then Pfork gave this one a rave review, and I figured I was sleeping...but man, this album didn't do anything for me. Barely any song made any kind of impact. The production is interesting at times but Carti himself gets lost in both that and the whole mass of features all over the album. Nothing gelled for me, so I guess for me I wasn't missing much after all. Oh well.

Comments
Post a Comment