Latest Cat System Corp. transmission purports to be a soundtrack of a TV...series or something. It chops up clips of fashion model interviews, pageants, etc. (Trump's voice wafts in at one point, unmistakably and uncomfortably). I really like this one best of all CSC stuff lately, the beats are chunkier and more aggressive than anything remotely "mallsoft", it's just a cool album. There's a couple of reworks on the B-side here, one of "Sussudio" and another of "Cruel Summer", of course both totally slaughtered...almost as disorienting as when I fell asleep with the album on and half-woke up to a French model speaking and thinking/dreaming I was inside a French fashion TV show...nice.
Playboi Carti has never really been on my radar too much, but then Pfork gave this one a rave review, and I figured I was sleeping...but man, this album didn't do anything for me. Barely any song made any kind of impact. The production is interesting at times but Carti himself gets lost in both that and the whole mass of features all over the album. Nothing gelled for me, so I guess for me I wasn't missing much after all. Oh well.

Comments
Post a Comment