Galcher Lustwerk's final album under his Road Hog moniker - it seems weird that ever since Galcher blew up Road Hog has already outproduced his "main" project - and it's his best. I was always kind of lukewarm on Road Hog, the instrumental EP-length beats he was putting out were nice enough but not totally gripping. The tracks on "Spares" are a little more boisterous if you will, certainly engaging. As a final salvo, it couldn't have been done better. What's next?
Playboi Carti has never really been on my radar too much, but then Pfork gave this one a rave review, and I figured I was sleeping...but man, this album didn't do anything for me. Barely any song made any kind of impact. The production is interesting at times but Carti himself gets lost in both that and the whole mass of features all over the album. Nothing gelled for me, so I guess for me I wasn't missing much after all. Oh well.

Comments
Post a Comment