I dithered for a bit on checking this out - figured I'd just check out the actual tapes this comp is sourced from at some point. But it just kept popping up in places I trust enough that I decided to check it out. Glad I did! Real cool selection from three tapes made in the abovementioned years by this husband/wife project, native to other weird French avant/prog groups. The first few tracks are firmly in the Tangerine Dream/Schulze/Schnitzler arena but things get a little far out and funky in the middle. The last four are edits, presumably of longer pieces. I'll have to investigate the original tapes after all (OK rips of the tapes...). Good listening.
Eartheater first came on my radar (and many others) with 2 Hausu Mountain tapes in 2015. She makes glitchy, disorienting music, combining electronics and synthesized percussion with voice, guitars and who knows what else. The whole thing is a confusing stew, kind of reminiscent of Inga Copeland but I would say even more detached from "song". Didn't do much for me.

Comments
Post a Comment